Thursday, May 12, 2011

Nice Girls Rule 60-Day Challenge: Day 38

Nice Girls Challenge Day 38: Take Your Time

Thought of the day: OK, so you may be wondering what "taking your time" has to do with empowering nice girls everywhere- well it has a lot to do with it. From exercising patience in the drive-thru, to letting someone cut in on you in bad traffic, time seems to be one major reason that so many of us treat others poorly. Thoughts like these run through our minds:

"I don't have the time to listen to your problems."

"I don't have the time to donate my time to your cause."

"I don't have the time to help you fix your broken sink." (Ok, no amount of time could ever help me fix someone's sink- but you get the idea)


I challenge you to take the time you have and give it away. Believe me, I know this is a tough one. With a young son, a part-time job, dinners to make and errands to run, I understand that getting time to yourself is a luxury. But even if you just commit one Saturday a month to doing something for someone else, I think you may find that your nice girl muscles are only as big as your heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment