Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nice Girls Rule 60-Day Challenge: Day 36


Nice Girls Challenge Day 35: Walk Between Raindrops

Thought of the day: Years ago, a young man told me that I walked between raindrops. It may have been the most flattering thing I had ever heard. He basically told me that I had such an honest outlook on life that even the rainiest of days couldn't get me wet. Since, I live in the Northwest I've had to withstand a lot of rain- however this is a saying that can apply to anyone, anywhere. Walking between raindrops is a mentality. It is a commitment to being optimistic even on the darkest of days. Don't get me wrong, there are times, weeks, days and even months to grieve, work through your emotions and deal with the fire fall that life sometimes gives, but for those day to day moments, nice girls commit themselves to looking for the good. Not letting the voice of insecurity and anger rule them, and instead focus on harnessing the optimistic side of themselves whenever the weather may call for a little rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment