Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nice Girls Rule 60-Day Challenge: Day 22

For the next two months, every time I post a Blog/Twitter/Facebook message it will be about one simple way to increase your nice girl power. These will be simple ways to make your corner of the world a better place and to celebrate who you are, a woman who has committed herself to giving nice a good name. Here's today's challenge!

Nice Girls Challenge Day 22: Have a Naked "Face" Day

I love make-up. Trust me, I have been having make-over parties at my house since I was 8-years old, so this challenge isn't some kind of lose-your-sense-of-style and go Plain Jane sermon. However, it is a challenge that I think you will find empowering.

At least once a week, I will go about my day without any make up on. Since I am a SAHWM (Stay-at-home-working-mom), I understand that it may be easier for me now than when I had a 9-5, however it is still good practice. Sometimes make-up can become a mask that we rely on, and if we don't give ourselves a break every now and then from what we think is our uniform, we won't be able to truly love the skin were in.

If you don't want to go completely make-up free, try one day without heavy eye liner, dark lipstick, or eyeshadow. Being a nice girl in a world where "fake" is something to be proud of, believe in the beauty of your natural self and don't be afraid to let it shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment